« Home / News / Verdugo Hills Golf Course: Recirculation of Draft Environmental Impact Report
Verdugo Hills Golf Course: Recirculation of Draft Environmental Impact ReportVHGC: HOW TO COMMENT ON THE
RECIRCULATED SECTIONS OF THE DRAFT EIR
Sections of the Draft Environmental Impact Report being recirculated for comment:
• Updated Traffic Section
• Updated Cultural Resources Section
• New Greenhouse Gas Emissions Section
• New 86-unit Equestrian Estates Alternative
• New 221-unit Residential Alternative
If You Care About the VHGC be sure to read and
comment on at least one of the recirculated sections.
The deadline for public comments was originally January 19, 2016, but thanks to the many requests for an extension, the new deadline is February 3, 2016.
Here are a few tips:
• You do not have to comment on every Section. Pick the one that you know the most about. Compare the revised Section to the original section in the Draft EIR.
• Ask yourself, why they might have decided to recirculate this section of the EIR. Are they showing more impacts than originally? Are they showing fewer impacts? Either way, do you agree with the revised Section?
• Bring up all possible objections and concerns that you have about the revised Sections of the EIR.
• Your comments should be as clear and explicit as possible and include the factual information or legal theories upon which they are based
• Besure to identify yourself when you submit your comments.
You live here. You know this area better than anyone else. This gives you the right to comment and be taken seriously.
Comments Must Be Received by the City of LA
No Later Than February 3, 2016
Mail Your Comments To:
Erin Strelich, City Planning Associate
Los Angeles Department of City Planning
200 North Spring Street, Room 750
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Fax: (213) 978-1351
WRITE YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS Let them know what you think about the proposed development, share your concerns.
Please copy the following:
L.A. City Mayor Eric Garrett: firstname.lastname@example.org
L.A. County Supervisor Michael Antonovich: email@example.com
State Assemblymember Patty Lopez: Telephone (818) 365 - 2464
Sunland-Tujunga Neighborhood Council: firstname.lastname@example.org - Phone 818-951-7411
WRITE LOCAL PUBLICATIONS
Crescenta Valley Weekly: http://www.crescentavalleyweekly.com/contact-us/
Glendale NewsPress: email@example.com
Daily News: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is the recirculating section:
This is the original 2009 DEIR: